LMnext UK Ltd is an English company belonging to the lastminute.com group ( Companies House n. 9399258) and with registered office at 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS, United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The Company recognises the importance of protecting your privacy and your rights with regards to data protection. The internet is a very powerful medium when it comes to transmitting personal information; for that reason, the Company and all other companies belonging to the lastminute.com group undertake the serious task of respecting current laws regarding protection of personal data and the security of the same, with the aim of guaranteeing secure, controlled and confidential navigation for its Users and Customers. With this goal in mind, and in particular with an eye towards protecting data used to complete payment, the Company utilises codification and tokenization techniques (complying with security standards established by the Payment Card Industry - PCI), meaning your information is protected by alternative alpha-numeric codes that protect from incorrect use by non-authorized third parties.
a) Users who access and consult the Website and/or use the Company’s Comparison Service as “User”; “Users”.
b) Users who access, consult the Website and/or use the Comparison Service and then purchase the Company’s services as “Customer”; “Customers”; “You”.
The User and/or Customer guarantees that personal data provided to the Company are correct, exact and updated, being responsible at all times to communicate any modification thereof to the Company which may in turn manage, adequately, the contractual relation between the parties. In the same vein, the User and/or Customer expressly recognizes that in case s/he has not provided the correct, updated information to the Company, the latter shall not provide its Services to the former.
The Company, being an entity located in United Kingdom, is subject to UK law regarding the protection of personal data. For that reason, the Company undertakes to comply with obligations imposed by Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”).
We inform our Users and/or Customers that their personal data is processed and kept by the Company in the manner and for the means as follows, in accordance with the DPA.
LMnext UK Ltd is an English company belonging to the lastminute.com group (Companies House n. 9399258) and with registered office at 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS, United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “Company” or the “Data Controller”).
The Company will collect your personal data, in your role as User and/or Customer, using the following sources:
- Directly from you, as you directly provide the information to the Company by compiling the registration form for any Company Services on the Website or via telephone to our Customer Care Team. Such data as your name, surname, email address, phone number, etc. are necessary for the provision of the Services requested from the Company.
- From informatic systems and software present on the Website to guarantee its correct functioning and which implicitly, during normal use, utilise internet communication protocols. This information is not collected directly to be associated with you, but rather, due to its own nature, may identify you. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers connected to the Websites, uniform resource identifiers for requests made, the time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the archive obtained as a response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (correct, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the operating system and the computer environment used. These data are used only to compile anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website and to control its correct functioning. The data may be used to establish liability in case of potential computer crimes damaging the Website.
What follows is a description of the type of cookies used in the website:
1. Types of cookies according to the managing entity
Depending on what entity manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and processed, there exist the following types of cookies:
- First party cookies: these are sent to your Device from a computer or domain managed by us and from which the service you requested is provided.
- Third party cookies: these are sent to your Device from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by a separate entity that processes data obtained through cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the length of time you stay connected:
Depending on the amount of time you remain active on your Device, these are the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are designed to receive and store data while you access the Website. These cookies do not remain stored on your Device when you exit the session or browser.
- Persistent cookies: these types of cookies remain stored on your Device and can be accessed and processed after you exit the Website as well as when you navigate on it for a pre-determined period of time. The cookie remains on the hard drive until it reaches its expiration date. The maximum time we use persistent cookies on our Website is 2 years. At this point the browser would purge the cookie from the hard drive.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
Cookies can be grouped as follows:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website and are essential for browsing and allow the use of various features. Without them, you cannot use the search function, compare tool or book other available services on our Website.
- Personalisation cookies: these are used to make navigating our Website easier, as well as to remember your selections and offer more personalised services. In some cases, we may allow advertisers or other third parties to place cookies on our Website to provide personalised content and services. In any case, your use of our Website serves as your acceptance of the use of this type of cookie. If cookies are blocked, we cannot guarantee the functioning of such services.
- Analytical cookies for statistical purposes and measuring traffic: these cookies gather information about your use of our Website, the pages you visit and any errors that may occur during navigation. We also use these cookies to recognise the place of origin for visits to our Website. These cookies do not gather information that may personally identify you. All information is collected in an anonymous manner and is used to improve the functioning of our Website through statistical information. Therefore, these cookies do not contain personal data. In some cases, some of these cookies are managed on our behalf by third parties, but may not be used by them for purposes other than those mentioned above.
- To that end, we can also use the services of a third party in order to collect data and/or publish ads when you visit our Website. These companies often use anonymous and aggregated information (not including, for example, your name, address, email address or telephone number) regarding visits to this Website and others in order to publish ads about goods and services of interest to you.
To see the list of cookies used on this Website, click here.
The information contained in the above list of cookies has been provided by the other companies which generate them. These companies have their own privacy policies in which they set forth both their own declarations as well as applicable disabling systems.
You must keep in mind that if your Device does not have cookies enabled, your experience on the Website may be limited, thereby impeding the navigation and use of our services.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. By modifying your browser settings, you can opt to disable cookies or receive a notification before accepting them. You can also erase all cookies installed in your browser’s cookie folder. Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. Here’s how you manage cookies in the various major browsers:
If you use another browser, please read its help menu for more information.
If you would like information about managing cookies on your tablet or smartphone, please read the related documentation or help archives online.
Users’ and Customers’ personal information is processed electronically and/or manually, guaranteeing security and confidentiality of the same, and avoiding any type of unauthorized access. The Company guarantees that the data will be processed in accordance with established uses and strictly within the time frame necessary to comply with the uses for which it is collected.
Users’ and/or Customers’ personal data is processed in the Data Controller’s registered office, on lastminute.com group servers located in Haarlem, the Netherlands, and in the offices of other entities to which data may be provided in order to provide the Services requested of the Company.
As specified in Clause 4, data furnished by the User and/or Customer to the Company are processed for the following uses:
A. The Data controller shall send via email via email, phone, mail, SMS or MMS of the best deals on products and services marketed by the Owner or its partners or business partners operating in the following sectors: tourism, leisure, entertainment, high technology, fashion, decoration, consumer goods, food and beverage, finance, banking, insurance, energy, environment, communication, mass media, real estate, pharmaceuticals, clothing and textiles, education and training, energy, publications and publishing, information and communications technology, retail, sport, telecommunications and general services. On some occasions and with the exception of the Italian market, the Data Controller can inform the user - in a personalised manner - of the best available offers, adapting them to his/her tastes and preferences.
B. Compliance with legal obligations and current law.
C. The collection, maintenance and processing of data to carry out anonymous, aggregative statistical analyses.
In case the User and/or Customer does not provide correct data for the uses foreseen within section A of the previous clause, the User and/or Customer cannot obtain the requested Service since the Company may not be able to furnish such services or comply with its contractual regulations as per the terms and conditions.
The Data Controller guarantees that the personal data in its possession will not be released and will be processed so that the security and discretion thereof is guaranteed, in any case avoiding unauthorised access.
- The Company's employees and/or collaborators that assist and advise the Data Controller on administration, products, legal affairs, Customer Care Team, and information systems, as well as those in charge of maintaining the company's network and hardware/software equipment;
- Airlines, hotels, car hire companies, insurance companies, tour operators as well as those other parties to which it is necessary to communicate the Users’ and/or Customers’ data in order to provide the requested services. Please note that airline companies are required, in accordance with new regulations introduced in the US and in other countries, to allow customs and border authorities to have access to flight passenger data. For that reason, in certain situations, the Company may communicate data collected on passengers included in the reservation to the competent authorities of the countries included in the Customer’s travel itinerary if local law requires.
- Parties authorised to access personal data in accordance with current law.
The list of parties to which Users’ and/or Customers’ personal data may be communicated is available at the registered office of the Company and may be requested by writing to email@example.com.
Any User and/or Customer whose data has been processed by the Company can exercise the following rights by writing to the Company: i) that the Data Controller confirms whether or not his/her personal data exists in its files; ii) to determine the origin of its personal data, and the means for, and methods by which it is processed; iii) obtain identifying details from the Data Controller or from its designated processing parties, if such parties were designated; iv) determine the parties or categories of parties to which their personal data may be communicated or which may learn of their personal data in their role as designated individuals; v) anonymously cancel, modify or block processed information, as well as the update, correction or integration of such data by the Data Controller, and vi) obtain a certification that the operations referred to in point v) above have been carried out and brought to the knowledge, even as regards their content, of those to whom such data has been communicated or sent, unless this proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate use of means when compared to the right being protected; vii) oppose the complete or partial processing of personal data, for legitimate reasons; viii) oppose the processing of data for advertisement, direct sales or market or commercial research means.
The above requests must be sent to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the same vein, in order to refuse offers sent via email from the Company as well as to exercise the aforementioned rights, the Customer may unsubscribe from said commercial communication by clicking the link at the bottom of every commercial communication sent by the Company for such purpose.
Finally, and without prejudice to rights existing in accordance with the preceding clause, we inform you that in certain countries there exist registries which you can join in order to avoid receiving advertisements via determined means, like, for example, mail or phone. These registries differ from country to country and have particular terms and conditions. For more information, click here.